- Keep for one week; renew up to five times if no one is waiting.
- Must be an Oak Park Public Library cardholder.
- 4G device connects WiFi-enabled smartphones, tablets, and laptops to the Internet from any location within Sprint's 4G coverage area.
- One hotspot connects up to 10 WiFi-enabled devices; a fully charged device lasts about six hours.
- Check out and return at service desks in all three buildings. Replacement cost is $80.
- Comes in a zipped bag with power cord, adaptor, and instruction card.
- Connect to the internet with the ZTE Warp Connect Hotspot (pdf) >
- Can reciprocal borrowers check out a hotspot? Currently, hotspots are available only for Oak Park Public Library cardholders. Looking for options? Communities including Chicago and Forest Park offer mobile hotspots to their library cardholders.
- Inside the library: use the "opplair" network.
- Outside the Main Library: use "scovillepark" network, available in partnership with the Park District of Oak Park.
Wireless printing from anywhere
- Print remotely, then pick up your print job the same day, before closing. See hours and closings >
- First choose your pick-up library, then upload your file.
- Click your pick-up location:
- Available during open hours until 10 minutes before the building closes.
- Internet access and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher).
- Dedicated stations for individuals with visual impairments and for children with special needs.
- For express sessions: 20 minutes
- For regular sessions: two hours
- Includes laptops and iPad Minis for on-site use only.
- Requires a library card registered with us and less than $50 in fees.
- Cardholders are responsible for loss or damages, so devices should never be left unattended.
- For adults and teens:
- iPad Minis and laptops: up to two hours.
- DVD players: up to four hours.
- For children ages 8-13:
- DVD players: up to four hours.
- For children in grades 4-8:
- Chromebooks: up to two hours.
More about laptops
- WiFi Internet access and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Save documents to a flash drive and use it to print directly from library copiers; black and white ($0.15 per page) or color printing ($0.25 per page) is available.
More about DVD players
- Come with headphones.
- For adults and teens: 13.3-inch swivel screens. Built-in USB and SD card readers. Play music, movies, view pictures.
- For kids: 9-inch screens. Play music, movies, view pictures.
- At all library locations.
- Color copies, double-sided copies, and oversize copies (legal and tabloid sizes).
- At all library locations (color and black and white).
- NEW! The Technology Center is home to new equipment, including a new 3D printer, laser cutter, scan/copy/print station, and an oversized copier with advanced functionality. While some of these tools currently are used only at librarian-led public events, plans are in the works to expand access to new maker technology in the second half of this year. More about Digital Learning at the libary >
- Scan documents and photos using library copy machines and scanners.
- No charge for scanning.
- Scanners allow scanning to email.
- Local and long-distance faxing is available using the copy machine in the Main Library Lobby.
- FedEx Office offers international faxing.
Digital (email, scan to USB, save to OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox)
Copying and Printing
- Black and white, regular size, 15¢ per side.
- Black and white, oversize, 30¢ per side.
- Color, 25¢ page per side.
- 50¢ per page.