Testing & Education Reference Center (TERC) is designed to offer the most up-to-date test preparation available for the SAT. More benefits include:
- Enhanced test preparation through full-length practice exams and diagnostic pre-tests for the AP, ACT, SAT, PSAT, Ged, HiSET, and TASC
- Better college planning through an easy-to- search database of more than 4,000 accredited schools, including academics, admission requirements, campus life, tuition, and more
- Financial aid essentials through the ability to quickly search for scholarships, calculate college savings, pinpoint tuition costs, and more
- Sharper career focus through an extensive database of standardized tests, such as the Holland Codes, a Resume Builder, and a Virtual Careers Library.
- Log in to TERC with your library card account number and PIN now.
Have a question? Ask a librarian!
Writing a paper?
- Try Easy Bib, an online bibliography and citation maker.
Need to find more information from wherever you are?
- Get your library card number and PIN ready to log into to these great online resources.
Thousands of full text journal/magazine articles, providing access to critical information.
Genealogy database devoted to African American family history research.
Authoritative biographical entries covering international figures from all time periods and areas of study.
Cultural information on the countries of the world, includes a States Edition with U.S. state facts.
Full text historical reference books, magazines, journals, and thousands of primary source documents.
Full text database containing plot summaries and synopses, literary criticism, author biographies, literary journal articles, poems, and short stories.
Online learning platform with video tutorials to learn business, software, technology and creative skills to achieve personal and professional goals.
Search multiple Chicagoland newspapers at the same time, including Chicago Sun-Times, Daily Herald, and Oak Leaves.
Access to historical issues of hundreds of Illinois newspapers, including Oak Leaves (1902-1977), with searchable articles, advertisements, editorials, classified ads, and obituaries.
Essays on hundreds of topics, presenting multiples sides of an issue, each with an overview, point, counterpoint, and critical thinking guide, plus guides to debate, develop arguments, and write position papers.
Full text science magazines, journals, encyclopedias, reference books, images, videos, and animations.
Practice tests for college and graduate school entrance exams, career tools, citizenship tests, and information on college scholarships.